Unfortunately, we had some problems with sign-up on our website using the account in Facebook and Twitter.
We have fixed the registration via Twitter, but the problem with the Facebook still remains.
We are removing the Facebook account linking from the list of ways sign-up.
All other methods from the list were checked for serviceability.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused to all those who failed to sign-up using theese methods.
Posted in News, Site
We have reached the next stage on the way to the cherished version 1.0. We’re releasing the OGS Mahjong 0.9, and we’re calling this version our first release candidate. All features that we wanted to see implemented in this game has been done. Of course, we need to fix some bugs, polish the game and add some new features requested by players. But overall, we’re getting to the finish line and soon we’ll be ready to finish the development of this game and move on to the next project.
But this will happen in the spring. And now – the work continues.
In OGS Mahjong 0.9, we’re offering you
- Completely new environment for the playfield (thanks to Anton Chernoff for the room model).
- Support for shaders in materials of tiles and scene.
- The possibility to select the environment and the tileset separatly.
- Support for kmahjongg-1.1 layout format with non-standard sizes.
- A new, more user-friendly game settings interface.
- Dynamic language switching. French localization (thanks to Thierry Delaunay for the translation).
- Installer for the version for Windows.
- The layout editor with support for kmahjongg-1.1 format.
- Three new music tracks in the additional music archive (one from Kevin MacLeod and two from JewelBeat.com).
- And a lot of bugfixes.
The users of Ubuntu, Debian and Mint linux distributions can use our repository:
deb http://packages.opengamestudio.org stable ogs
apt-get install ogs-mahjong
You can additionally install:
apt-get install ogs-mahjong-layout-editor
apt-get install ogs-mahjong-music-addon
Feel free to download and play the game. Leave your comments on our forum
While testing previous versions of the game, we found that our “Classic” tileset is not very comfortable to play. We have studied the issue for some time, and made a new tileset – “Neo-classic”. It utilizes the set of characters from the famous Gnome Mahjongg tileset called “Postmodern”. We’re taking the opportunity to thank the Gnome Games developers for the resources, that we have used to make this tileset.
Some screenshots of a new tileset.
We’re continuing to refine this tileset and haven’t yet decided whether it will be added to the upcoming version 0.9 or will be available later as a separate download.
New version of OGS Mahjong Layout Editor is available.
Changes from last version
- Support for kmahjongg-1.1 format. Can load, create and save kmahjongg-1.1 files.
- Support for description files.
- Prompting to save changes when exit.
The testing version of windows installer for OGS Mehjong 0.9 is ready. Please, try it and tell us if you’ll find any problems with the game installation or removal.
OGS Mahjong 0.9.exe(46.8 MB)
Fixed installer: ogs-mahjong-0.9-windows32.exe(49.1 MB)
In the next version of OGS Mahjong (the one that comes after 0.9), we want to add some new tile themes. If you want to see any particular tile theme in the game – tell us in the comments to this post. We’ll try to choose some of the themes you suggested.
Posted in Mahjong
Tagged Games, Mahjong
The testing builds of OGS Mahjong 0.9 are now available.
Feel free to download, play and comment.
The site software was updated to the latest version.
In addition, we’re returning the OpenID login and closing the site registration.
While the registration was open, the site was inhabited with several hundreds of spambots.
We have deleted a lot of these accounts, but unfortunately, some good accounts may have been deleted as well.
We’re very sorry for that.
Posted in News, Site