We have reached the next stage on the way to the cherished version 1.0. We’re releasing the OGS Mahjong 0.9, and we’re calling this version our first release candidate. All features that we wanted to see implemented in this game has been done. Of course, we need to fix some bugs, polish the game and add some new features requested by players. But overall, we’re getting to the finish line and soon we’ll be ready to finish the development of this game and move on to the next project.
But this will happen in the spring. And now – the work continues.
In OGS Mahjong 0.9, we’re offering you
- Completely new environment for the playfield (thanks to Anton Chernoff for the room model).
- Support for shaders in materials of tiles and scene.
- The possibility to select the environment and the tileset separatly.
- Support for kmahjongg-1.1 layout format with non-standard sizes.
- A new, more user-friendly game settings interface.
- Dynamic language switching. French localization (thanks to Thierry Delaunay for the translation).
- Installer for the version for Windows.
- The layout editor with support for kmahjongg-1.1 format.
- Three new music tracks in the additional music archive (one from Kevin MacLeod and two from JewelBeat.com).
- And a lot of bugfixes.
- OGS Mahjong 0.9 (Windows)(46.8 Mb)
- OGS Mahjong 0.9 (Linux64)(44.7 Mb)
- OGS Mahjong 0.9 (Linux32)(44.7 Mb)
- Game source code(417.3 Kb)
- Additional music (download it and unpack to the game folder)(66.3 Mb)
- Layout Editor(Windows)(5.9 Mb)
- Layout Editor(Python sources, uses PyQt4)(5.3 Kb)
The users of Ubuntu, Debian and Mint linux distributions can use our repository:
deb http://packages.opengamestudio.org stable ogs
apt-get install ogs-mahjong
You can additionally install:
apt-get install ogs-mahjong-layout-editor
apt-get install ogs-mahjong-music-addon
Feel free to download and play the game. Leave your comments on our forum.